Pre-Natal Yoga is the Yoga and the practices done by a lady after conceiving, while carrying her baby.
Pre-natal yoga is a combination of Asanas, Pranayamas, Relaxation, Yoga Nidra, Meditation techniques and different Mantra Chantings.
The frame of a woman, her emotions, and her psychic evolution is definitely higher than that of a man. In other words, we can say that a woman is more understanding, sensitive, emotional with higher consciousness. “Pregnant mother” goes through immense stress, anxiety, worry regarding their physical, mental, emotional and psychological states while carrying a baby – ‘mother being the main transporter of energy, nutrition, nourishment and growth for the baby. It is important to know that pregnancy is a beautiful experience in a woman’s life and not a disease.
Through a number of yogic postures, relaxation, breathing techniques, and meditation, the mother can achieve and experience a stable mind which is peaceful, calm, controlled thoughts and emotions & a physical body with balanced hormones. Yoga makes sure that the practices done by the mother-to-be would help in:
- balancing hormonal secretions (our messenger system)
- right movements of joints
- stress free back
- toned lower abdomen
- a clean digestive system
- calm and stress-free mental state
- clarity in thoughts and vision
- right perception
Yoga postures are gentle ways of keeping a mother’s body active, supple and minimize the common pregnancy symptoms, like morning sickness, constipation, nausea etc.
It can help in ensuring easier labour and smooth delivery by relieving tension around the cervix and birth canal.
Post-Natal Yoga is equally necessary which is done after 4 – 6 weeks of delivery. When a mother delivers her baby, not only the uterus but the whole body of mother delivers. In other words, from hair, teeth to toe nails, each section of her body slightly loosens.Therefore, every new mother must take proper rest and care for atleast 4-6 weeks post-delivery. Yoga practices help here for good. The Yoga practices in this section allows:
- The asanas help body to come in shape
- All the organs are activated, thus improved blood circulation and functioning
- Helps the mother to deal with the sudden change of time tablePre
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Proper toning of the whole body, especially the reproductive area
- helps to reduce baby-weight and maintain ideal body weight
- Helps to gain the wisdom to take proper care of the child
- Right mental attitude
- Allows the mother to continue giving the Samskaras to the child, with the help of Sankalpa during Yoga Nidra and Mantra Chantings.
For details, please contact:-