Introduction to Yoga
For Trauma and Inner Healing Workshop
“Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Introduction to Yoga for Trauma and Inner Healing is 7-day workshop for yoga instructors, social workers, or mental health professionals who want to understand the affects of trauma on the body and learn how to use yoga with trauma survivors. This workshop is designed to teach through experience with daily yoga, meditation, and workshop sessions. You will understand how the body processes and stores emotional trauma and how yoga and meditation can lead to breakthroughs in healing.
“Traumatized people often have trouble sensing what is going on in their bodies, they lack a nuanced response to frustration. They either react to stress by becoming “spaced out” or with excessive anger. Whatever their response, they often can’t tell what is upsetting them. This failure to be in touch with their bodies contributes to their well-documented lack of self-protection and high rates of re-victimization…” ― Bessel A. van der Kolk, The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma.
Learn practices that help trauma survivors re-connect to their bodies in healthy and meaningful ways. Our beautiful ashram setting is the perfect place to spend time in nature and process what you learn. These 7 days will provide you will several tools for processing trauma and equip you to help lead others through a healing journey of mind and body.
Lecture Topics Include:
– Trauma and the Body and the body’s role in healing
– Mind-Body Connection and Trauma Interferences
– Understanding neurological triggers for trauma
– How yoga must be adapted for trauma survivors
– Pranayama – traditional yogic breathing for emotional regulation
– And more…
– Yogasanas (postures) to release trauma (pose breakdowns and practices for you to teach others)
– Mindfulness Meditation Techniques
– Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
– Somatic Exercises
– Theatre Exercises
– Journaling Exercises
– Beautiful and Traditional Ashram setting
– Hiking and Waterfall Meditation
– Sunrise yoga and meditation
– Healthy Ayurvedic (healing) food
– Explore the city of sages… Rishikesh, with a guided historical walking tour.
– Daily yoga, meditation, breath work, and time with nature
Disclaimer: This retreat is designed for those seeking to integrate yoga and meditation into existing therapy, and should not be considered a replacement for professional counseling. If you are seeking emotional healing, please consult with a mental health professional as well.
FOR FURTHER QUERY, PLEASE CONTACT:-
Mr. Sushant Pandey
Mobile :- +91-7017342203
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org