- What is the composition of this body? How does it function?
- What is prana? What is the relationship of prana with the physical, material dimension of the body? How does prana interact with the material body?
- What is the reason behind the manifestation of prana in different forms and what is the reason behind the creation of matter and other elements?
- What is the soul or atma? How can one experience it?
- How does one attain transcendence, liberation or freedom?
These five questions become the basis for further creation, development and search for ideas in order to realize our inner nature. The whole concept of spirituality in Yoga, Tantra, Vedanta and Samkhya revolves around these five questions. Each one has tried to give definite and concrete answers to these questions. Yoga is one such answer.
By Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Bihar School of Yoga, Munger, Bihar
(Extracted from Yoga Darshan – Vision of the Yoga Upanishads)