- Yoga Nidra is a practice of relaxation and can defined as ‘yogic sleep’.
- Yoga Nidra is a practice which can be widely applied to improve the quality and happiness of human life.
- The evils of day to day life are deposited in subconscious mind. Just as our home cleaning, we must remove the samskaras, the mental dirt that accumulates daily in our subconscious. Yoga Nidra perform this essential service for us, removing our mental stress and clearing the way to spiritual progress.
- Yoga Nidra acts directly in eradicating deep rooted psychological complexes, neurosis, inhibitions, etc. it is an advanced psychiatric tool.ion
- Yoga Nidra helps to remove vast number of ailments that are predominantly mental in cause such as high blood pressure.
- Yoga Nidra induces and improves deep sleep. It is a non-chemical tranquilizer that quickly removes insomnia.
- Physio-psychological rejuvenation of the entire human organism can be brought about by Yoga Nidra. The physical, pranic and mental levels of man are directly recharged.
- Yoga Nidra opens up the potential of the mind and also awakens the faculty of intuition.
- Yoga Nidra is a profound educational tool that is being investigated and tested in various parts of the world. It has been found to bring extraordinary improvements in both the absorption and retention of information from external sources as well as the tapping of knowledge within one’s own mind. It heightens intelligence in all meanings of the word.
The control of vital and psychic energy is a matter of great concern to any practitioner of yoga, whether he be interested in it for therapeutic, health or spiritual purposes. The science of yoga is itself the science of life energy, and pranayama is the most direct method which has yet been found to adjust the energy flows within human body.
Many people consider pranayama to be a physical practice of breath control, but it is not so. The main effects of pranayama manifests in the nervous system and in the subtle psychic energy body, and the control of breath is only the means of manipulating these finer processes.