- Yoga Nidra is a practice of relaxation and can defined as ‘yogic sleep’.
- Yoga Nidra is a practice which can be widely applied to improve the quality and happiness of human life.
- The evils of day to day life are deposited in subconscious mind. Just as our home cleaning, we must remove the samskaras, the mental dirt that accumulates daily in our subconscious. Yoga Nidra perform this essential service for us, removing our mental stress and clearing the way to spiritual progress.
- Yoga Nidra acts directly in eradicating deep rooted psychological complexes, neurosis, inhibitions, etc. it is an advanced psychiatric tool.ion
- Yoga Nidra helps to remove vast number of ailments that are predominantly mental in cause such as high blood pressure.
- Yoga Nidra induces and improves deep sleep. It is a non-chemical tranquilizer that quickly removes insomnia.
- Physio-psychological rejuvenation of the entire human organism can be brought about by Yoga Nidra. The physical, pranic and mental levels of man are directly recharged.
- Yoga Nidra opens up the potential of the mind and also awakens the faculty of intuition.
- Yoga Nidra is a profound educational tool that is being investigated and tested in various parts of the world. It has been found to bring extraordinary improvements in both the absorption and retention of information from external sources as well as the tapping of knowledge within one’s own mind. It heightens intelligence in all meanings of the word.
The control of vital and psychic energy is a matter of great concern to any practitioner of yoga, whether he be interested in it for therapeutic, health or spiritual purposes. The science of yoga is itself the science of life energy, and pranayama is the most direct method which has yet been found to adjust the energy flows within human body.
Many people consider pranayama to be a physical practice of breath control, but it is not so. The main effects of pranayama manifests in the nervous system and in the subtle psychic energy body, and the control of breath is only the means of manipulating these finer processes.
Why are Asanas so beneficial for health ?
Swami Sivananda says : The practice of asanas control the emotions, produces mental peace, distributes prana evenly throughout the body and different systems, and helps maintain healthy functioning of the internal organs.
Physical exercises draw the prana (energy) out, but the asanas send the prana in. The practices of asanas cure many diseases and awakens Kundalini Shakti. These are the chief advantages in the yogic system, which no other system has.
The full moon day in the month of Ashad (Jul/Aug) is the extremely auspicious and holy day of Guru Purnima. The period Chaturmas, the ‘four months’ begins from this day, sacred to the memory of the great sage, Bhagavan Sri Vyasa who composed Brahma Sutras.
The Supreme Self alone is the real. He is the soul of all. He is all-in-all. He is the essence of this universe. He is the unity that never admits of a duality under all the varieties and diversities of nature. You are this immortal, all-pervading, all-blissful self. Realize this and be free.
Mark fully the deep significance of this great day. It heralds the setting in of the eagerly awaited rains. The water drawn up and stored as clouds in the hot summer months now manifests in plentiful showers that usher in the advent of fresh life everywhere. Even so, all begin seriously to put into actual practice all the theory and philosophy that has been stored up in them through patient study. Aspirants commence or resolve to intensify with all earnestness their practical spiritual sadhana right from this day.
It is through the medium of the guru that the individual can raise himself to Cosmic Consciousness. The guru is verily the link between the individual and the Immortal. He is being who has raised himself from ‘this’ to ‘That’, and thus has a free and unhampered access to both the realms. He stands as it were on the threshold of immortality and, bending down, he raises the struggling individuals with his one hand, and with the other lifts them up to the kingdom of everlasting joy and infinite Truth-Consciousness.
Make a fresh resolve on this holy day to tread the spiritual path in accordance with the precepts of your guru. The best form of worship of the guru is to follow his teachings and to shine as the embodiment of his teachings.
-Swami Sivananda Saraswati
There are many festivals throughout the year dedicated to different spiritual forces, because man has always felt a sense of incompleteness within himself. He went in search of God, samadhi, emancipation because he wanted to project himself beyond the frontiers of finiteness. He wanted to expand his soul beyond the boundaries of time and space.
There is a junction point in life where both sides meet- the transcendental and the empirical. One is the dimension of time, space, object and limitation, and the other is the dimension of timelessness and it is transcendental. Guru stands exactly at the point where these dimensions meet. Therefore, in a guru you can always find the aspects of both creation and reality. He is finite and at the same time he is a replica of infinite.
The discovery of guru is a very ancient discovery. From that time, different gurus in different periods have emphasized the need for a guru in one’s life so that one may have spiritual support. On the day of Guru Purnima, the spiritual powers and grace of all gurus descends to this earthly plane in order to inspire the spiritually hungry souls and pilgrims towards the spiritual life.
Guru is always aware of his disciples and of their aspirations. For spiritual wellbeing and evolution, guru prefers to remain in an interim space after death, and once every year he comes down with his spiritual vibration taking care of his disciples, inspiring, energizing and increasing them. This is that day.
– Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Blog posted by Ruchira Pandey, an expert teacher of Yoga during pregnancy. She has a vast teaching experience of Yoga for last 20 years. She led Ashram Lifestyle under the surveillant vision of her Guru Swami Nirananjananda Saraswati, the Chief Patron of Bihar School of Yoga and Chancellor to Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, the 1st World Yoga University.
Yoga plays a very important role during pregnancy-the time a lady carries the baby in her womb. The frame of a woman, her emotions, and her psychic evolution is definitely higher than that of a man. In other words, we can say that a woman is more understanding, sensitive, emotional with higher consciousness. “Pregnant mother” goes through immense stress, anxiety, worry regarding her physical, mental, emotional and psychological states while carrying a baby- mother being the main transporter of energy, nutrition, nourishment, growth for baby.
Through a number of yogic postures, relaxation, breathing techniques, and meditation, the mother can achieve and experience a stable mind which is calm, stress-free, controlled thoughts and emotions and balanced hormonal physical body. Yoga makes sure that the practices done by the mother would help in: –
- balancing hormonal secretions (our messenger system)
- right movements of joints
- stress free back
- toned lower abdomen
- a clean and light digestive system
- calm and stress-free mental state
- clarity in thoughts and vision
- right perception
Yoga postures provide gentle ways of keeping a mother’s body active, supple and minimize the common pregnancy symptoms, like morning sickness, constipation, nausea etc.
It helps in ensuring easier labour and smooth delivery by relieving tension around the cervix and birth canal.
- No inversions
- Over stretching abdomen
- Strong twists
- Twisting only under expert guidance
- Do not over do or over exert
Our elders have always been a true source of inspiration for us, suggesting the right path when we are in distress. They provide us with hope of future, they being the previous generation with all the experience of life.
Respecting their role in our life, we are starting a special Yoga Class, which is dedicated to All Senior Citizens of Pune.
By the time elders cross the age of 60 years, their physical and mental body starts demanding medical attention. Along with medical help, when Senior Citizens start practicing Yoga, they will benefit themselves on 3 major aspects:-
- Recovery becomes fast.
- Yoga helps harmonise all the systems in the body, improves and enhances functioning of immune system which helps fight diseases, thus preventing ill health.
- With any pre-existing medical condition, Yoga allows a calm and stable mental state.
Thus practicing Yoga works on curative, preventive and promotive levels.
Yoga believes medication and meditation go hand-in-hand. So, continue with medicines and practice Yoga. This will rejuvenate body, energize mind and improve other areas of day-to-day life.
A hearty request to all Senior Citizens of Pune for maximum participation.
Session Timings: 5.30 –6.30 PM, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Venue: Sunderban Resort & Spa, 19, Koregaon Park, next to Osho Commune, Pune- 411001
(Yoga Teacher, Consultant & Astrologer)
Mob: +91 86982 42607 / 97663 75479
Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org